What can possibly be wrong with that?
Apart from the fact it is blatantly ridiculous (since Chelsea beat Arsenal both home and away) let's look at who would benefit from this outcomes:
- Arsenal gain since it means that whatever happens they fulfill their primary objective of CL qualification
- Chelsea gain since it means they do not have worry about going flat our to beat Everton after their Euopa league exertions and they know they will beat Arsenal in a play-off anyway.
- Arsenal gain since it means they will get a massive unexpected windfall in TV money and gate receipts from a play-off
- Chelsea gain since it means they will get a massive unexpected windfall in TV money and gate receipts from a play-off
- SkyTV gain since they get a massive unexpected extra match to boost their profits
- SkyTV and ITV gain since they are convinced that Arsenal are a 'more valuable' asset to them being in the CL next season than Spurs.
- Everton gain from securing a very respectable point in Moyes' last match.
- Newcastle gain from securing only a narrow defeat ('see - we gave it our all') and hence do not have to suffer any formal consequences from Pardew's 'happy to lose 4-0' comment.